Thursday 17 December 2009

E-mail

I received this in response to an e-mail I sent to Mark Edwards of West Berks council:

Dear Matilda
Thank you for your email, I am pleased that Stuart Clark was able to assist you.

I have arranged for the marker post at Bucklebury Ford to be repositioned. Fortunately we have very few problems in West Berkshire with vehicles becoming stuck in fords, although it does happen from time to time. I think your idea is very innovative, I'm not sure if such a system is commercially available but I will speak to the company that make and supply our Vehicle Activated Signs, some of which are solar powered (you may have come across them on the local road network) to see if they have heard of such a suggestion before. I certainly haven't.

Thanks again for writing and good luck in the competition !
Regards
Mark

3 comments:

  1. What a promising reply, Matilda!
    Thank you so much for posting that.
    And how wonderful they used the term 'innovative', just what it was meant to be!
    There is no end to robotics. Hurray!

    Djamila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I did use the term innovative in the original e-mail so he's probably just agreeing with me :P

    ReplyDelete